Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Improved Buffalo

March 3, 2010

I have been going to Big Brother Mouse (BBM) whenever I have time in the mornings. From 9-11 AM native English-speakers are paired with Laos students who want to practice their English. It is fun working with the students.

I arrived early once and read one of the books while I waited for students to arrive. It was the Improved Buffalo. It’s a wonderful story, and the illustrations are magical. I bought my own copy and a couple of BBM’s collections of Lao folk tales. I am having a difficult time finding teaching material that is culturally relevant to Lao students. I am actively looking for good English books of all levels that cover topics relevant to Lao, and am very pleased with what BBM produce.

Check out the Improved Buffalo at http://www.bigbrothermouse.com/books/newbuffalo-book.html. I'm happy to bring back extra copies if you would like one. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment